Although 2019 was a great year, I am so happy the last 3 months are over! I have been absent from blogging due to morning sickness (nausea, vomiting, migraines, etc) because of pregnancy! That's right, we are expecting another little one! I found out I was pregnant the day after my son's first birthday and I was shocked. Completely shocked! I took a pregnancy test just days before his birthday and it was negative. I was sure I was just sick. The next pregnancy test I took confirmed that was a lie. More on this later.
I didn't really have a chance to blog as much as I wanted to but with my first trimester ending and the new year starting, it's the perfect time to start fresh with everything. Moving forward, I will still post my first time experiences on my blog but I am going to focus more on baby and toddler related topics. Which brings me to a question I've received quite often, "How do you deal with morning sickness and care for a 1 year old?"
Dealing with Morning Sickness
- drink a glass of cold water upon waking up in the morning
- eat small meals - honestly, who am I kidding? My meals consisted of crackers, bananas, oatmeal (only sometimes), ginger-ale, sucking on lemons, sorbet, and cucumbers. Let me be clear, I could only have one of these at a time (not all together).
- I skipped on the meds I was prescribed (I'm not big on taking medication of any kind) and I still survived!! This can be and probably will be different for some of you but I opted out.
Dealing with a toddler AND morning sickness
- try to nap when the baby/toddler nap
- go to sleep early
- eat small meals or snacks often
- get extra help around the house (thank God for my husband!)
- just push through it. Most days I was barely able to peel myself out of bed but find any bit of energy and just do it.
Now, I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to love another human being as much as I love my son! I'm also trying to wrap my head around the fact that I will be a mom of 2 under 2 for a little while. Moms with 2 under 2 - whats your advice?!